Are you counting down the days until your Caribbean private charter trip where you’ll lounge seaside with a drink in hand? Here are a few drink choices we love to sip on during our beach vacations!
- The Painkiller – The Soggy Dollar Bar in the British Virgin Islands is infamous for this rum cocktail.
- Rum Swizzle – The locals know this beverage as “Bermuda’s National Drink.”
- Aruba Ariba – A sweet fruit-filled drink mixed with vodka, passionfruit, banana, orange, and pineapple.
- Pina Colada – This white rum cocktail is a drink staple and has been around since the 17th century and also made famous by Ruper Holmes song Escape.
- Daquiri – This is an old-school classic as well that has existed for hundreds of years.
- Ti’ Punch – Also called Small Punch, this a go-to favorite for locals in the French West Indies, St. Lucia, and Haiti.
- Mojito – This minty mixture is another iconic rum-cocktail that originated in Cuba in the 16th century.
- Cuba Libre – Simply a rum and coke but the historical significance is what makes this a popular drink because it translates to “Free Cuba.”
- Blue Curacao – Though the drink is traditionally blue, hence it’s name, this cocktail is actually flavored with oranges.
- Dark and Stormy – The cocktail originated in Bermuda and is typically mixed with ginger beer and rum. The name is from a sailor who compared it to the “color of a cloud only a fool or a dead man would sail under.”
Contact us here to book your trip and talk to our experts for more tips and advice on what to eat and drink during your vacation.