If you’ve been to the BVI or USVI and want to add something to your itinerary that’s a little off the map, try the Caribbean gem that is St. Kitts and Nevis.
Natural beauty, warm waters, sunny skies, and white sandy beaches all combine to create St. Kitts and Nevis into one of the most charming places to visit in the Caribbean. This uncrowded natural paradise and the perfect addition to any Caribbean charter vacation, but in case you’re not convinced, here are 10 great reasons to visit St. Kitts and Nevis:
1. It’s beautiful and unmarked by hotels and tourism typically found in popular destinations.
2. It has one of the last functioning passenger railroads in the Caribbean. The two-hour trip on the St. Kitts Scenic Railway is a must for all visitors, families or otherwise.
3. The islanders are some of the friendliest people ever. I’ve been to more than a dozen Caribbean islands, and let me tell you they’re not all this way (St. Maarten, I’m looking at you). But on St. Kitts, you get the impression the locals are actually happy you’re there.
4. Nature lovers can explore the unique lava formations, tropical forests, and seaside lagoons.
5. St. Kitts is famous around the world for excellent preservation of its ecosystems.
6. The turquoise waters are perfect for snorkelling and swimming.
7. It’s a great family destination. There are so many active things to do, from beach horseback riding to ziplining.
8. In St. Kitts they have one road that rings the perimeter and practically no traffic.
9. There are also monkeys you can see in the trees. Because who doesn’t love seeing monkeys in the wild?
10. The island has an impressive dormant volcano called Mount Liamuiga that has unique lava formations you can visit.
To add St. Kitts and Navis to your itinerary or are looking to book your yacht, click here.